5 avg. rating (100% score) - 1 votes
Why is job preparation easier with Wisdomjobs interview questions page? Preparing for a job is now more easy and simple with our interview questions better on wisdom jobs? Because wisdom jobs gives you all information plus all the jobs in one place. When you're interviewing for a new position, you should come prepared to answer the interview questions to win in first attempt. Having expertise in Adobe Systems will place you a good career. Adobe Pagemaker was one of the first desktop publishing programs. It is used in combination of Mac’s graphical user interface for document creation and is starting point for what is called desktop publishing. Below Adobe Pagemaker interview questions and answers page for quick win in job hunt.
Adobe PageMaker 7.0 includes a host of new features that make it easier for business and educational producers to create professional-quality documents. What follows is an overview of PageMaker 7.0’s top new features. For more details, see the Adobe PageMaker 7.0 At A Glance or the Adobe PageMaker 7.0 New Feature Highlights , available for download at www.adobe.com/products/pagemaker.
• Data Merge. Create customized content, such as direct mail, form letters, business cards, and catalogs using text and image data exported from databases or spreadsheets and saved as comma-separated files in .csv or .txt format.
• Support for placing native Adobe Photoshop® 5.0–6.0.x files. Eliminate the time and effort of creating flattened Photoshop (PSD) files for import. Automatically update placed PSD files after making and saving changes to the file in Photoshop. Manage and store only one image file for use in multiple documents and applications.
• Expanded support for placing native Adobe Illustrator® files. Place native Illustrator 9.0.x files as easily as you place native files from earlier versions of Illustrator. Because Illustrator 9.0’s native format is Adobe PDF, the Import PDF dialog box opens when you place 9.0.x files. Note: PageMaker 7.0 does not display or print transparency effects in native Illustrator 9.0 files. However, you can display and print transparency by first saving the Illustrator file as an EPS file.
• Place Adobe PDF files created in Photoshop or Illustrator, as well as PDF 1.3 and 1.4 version files created in other applications. (PageMaker also continues to place PDF 1.2 files.) Now you don’t have to worry about locating the original files for information that’s stored and distributed in Adobe PDF files. Just place the PDF files instead.
• Updated EPS filter. Place EPS files saved as Adobe PostScript® 3™ files for maximum quality. Print and perform in-RIP separations of these files on PostScript 3 devices.
• Improved user interface for exporting Adobe PDF files. Access Acrobat® Distiller™ 5.0 Job Options directly, including document-level security controls. Produce more compact Adobe PDF files because of updated support in Acrobat Distiller 5.0, which is included with PageMaker 7.0. (Acrobat Distiller 5.0 typically generates more compact Adobe PDF files than Distiller 4.0, which was included with PageMaker 6.5 Plus.) Review files with new Acrobat Reader™ 5.0, which is included with PageMaker 7.0.
• Tagged PDF support (eBooks). Make content more portable: Check the eBook (Embed Tags) option in the Export Adobe PDF dialog box to automatically tag the text and graphics in the publication, making them independent of page size and viewing device in the final PDF file. View tagged PDF publications on a wide variety of devices, including popular PDAs. PDF tagging enables the publication layout to reflow for optimal readability on different displays.
• Updated converter for QuarkXPress and Microsoft® Publisher. Easily convert documents from QuarkXPress 4.0 and 4.1 (Mac OS/Windows) and Microsoft Publisher 2000 (Windows only). Work efficiently with a single converter utility that handles conversion of both QuarkXPress and Publisher documents on the Windows platform. With this new support, PageMaker 7.0 now converts QuarkXPress 3.3–4.1 documents and Publisher 97–2000 documents.
• Updated filter for Microsoft Word and RTF file import. Import content from Microsoft Word 2000 (Windows) and 2001 (Mac OS), and enjoy enhanced support for .rtf and .txt file import.
• Enhanced operating system support. Enjoy greater stability and reliability due to updated support for the latest operating systems, including: Apple system software versions 8.6 (with Apple Software Font Manager Update version 1.0), 9.1, and OS X (Classic); and Microsoft Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5 or 6, Windows 2000, and Windows ME.
The EULA for the Educational version stipulates that it may be used only by an “Educational End User” (for educational purposes). Educational versions of Adobe software include all of the same features as retail versions. However, they may not include the same “extras” that a retail version has, such as free fonts or clip art—or they may include different “extras.” In addition, educational products are available at a discount, and so do not qualify for additional special pricing offered to retail customers. Educational versions of Adobe products are available through Adobe Authorized Educational Resellers, including campus bookstores and mail order companies (Mac and PC Connection, Mac and PC Zone, and Mac and PC Warehouse).
Adobe supports the direction Apple is taking with Mac OS X. Apple’s new operating system promises to deliver a powerful desktop platform with enhanced stability and reliability for the Macintosh customer. Currently, most Adobe software products do not offer native Mac OS X support. We plan to support Mac OS X native mode in future releases of our flagship products. PageMaker 7.0 is not a native application because we were in the advanced stages of code development before Mac OS X became available. However, PageMaker 7.0 will run successfully in Classic mode on Mac OS X.
Yes if you’re a high-end designer who uses PageMaker. InDesign provides a host of creativity and productivity features that are specifically designed for professional page layout. PageMaker serves the needs of business publishers and educators. Adobe offers a special $299* cross-grade price for high-end users of PageMaker who want to move to InDesign. You can download a 60-day, fully functional trial version of InDesign 1.5.2 at www.adobe.com/products/indesign to try out its high-end features. We also include the InDesign free trial on the PageMaker 7.0 application CD. *Pricing subject to change without notice.
Yes; assuming the files were created on the same operating system platform as your installed version of PageMaker 7.0, you can open PageMaker files saved in PageMaker 4.0 through PageMaker 6.5 Plus. This is true for both the Macintosh and Windows platforms. You can open files created in earlier versions of PageMaker on a different operating system than your installed version of PageMaker 7.0 by using the CrossPlatform Converter included with PageMaker 7.0. You can find the converter in the Extras folder installed with PageMaker 7.0 on your hard drive.
Adobe PageMaker 7.0 does not ship with the full Acrobat 5.0 product, but it does include two very important components of Acrobat 5.0—Acrobat Distiller and Acrobat Reader. Acrobat Distiller, along with a PostScript driver, enables you to create Adobe PDF files directly from within PageMaker with a variety of options, including security settings and settings to optimize publications for screen, print, and Web distribution. Acrobat Reader allows you to view and print PDF files.
Yes there are some differences. Namely, the following features are available on the Windows platform only:
• A Picture Palette for browsing and managing stock illustrations, clip art, and photographs in a wide variety of industry-standard formats. Browse by category, thumbnails, or keyword search. Users can easily add or delete graphics and create new categories.
• A Template Browser for searching and managing PageMaker templates.
• A Microsoft Office-style toolbar with shortcuts to commonly used features. For example, checking spelling, adding bulleted lists, changing frame options, and creating text wraps are now just a single mouse-click away.
• A Microsoft Publisher 97, 98, and 2000 conversion kit. Microsoft Publisher customers can now give their documents a professional look and feel. Publisher files can be batch-converted to PageMaker files with a few mouse-clicks.
You can author Roman-language documents in any Roman-language version of PageMaker and doublebyte language documents (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) in any double-byte versions of PageMaker. For example, you can author a Spanish document in a French version of PageMaker or a Japanese document in a Chinese version of PageMaker. (Note: To use double-byte fonts in PageMaker, you must purchase a version that supports them—e.g. Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.)
PageMaker 7.0 is available in the following languages:
• International English
• Spanish-Latin American
• Brazilian Portuguese
• French Canadian
Both the Educational and the Retail versions of PageMaker 7.0 provide valuable Adobe Type 1 fonts,
• Adobe Caslon
• Adobe Garamond
• Adobe Wood Type Ornaments 1
• Adobe Wood Type Ornaments 2
• Baker Signet
• Bell Gothic
• Birch Regular
• ITC American Typewriter
• ITC Avant Garde Gothic 1
• ITC Benguiat
• ITC Eras
• ITC Fenice 1
• ITC Galliard 1
• ITC Giovanni
• ITC Machine
• ITC Officina Sans
• ITC Officina Serif
• ITC Tiepolo
• ITC Veljovic
• ITC Zapf Dingbats
• Kaufmann Regular
• Myriad Condensed
PageMaker 7.0 template fonts, including:
• Century Old Style
• Friz Quadrata
• ITC Anna
• ITC Bookman 1
• ITC Bookman 2
• ITC Cheltenham 1
• ITC Cheltenham 2
• ITC Esprit (2,5)
• ITC Flora
• ITC Galliard 2
• ITC Kabel
• ITC Korinna
• ITC New Baskerville
• ITC Slimbach
• ITC Zapf Chancery
• Letter Gothic
• OCRA Regular
• Park Avenue
In addition, the Retail version of PageMaker 7.0 includes:
• Prestige Elite
• News Gothic
• Bernard Modern
The estimated street price for the retail version of PageMaker 7.0 is $499 (U.S.) for all platforms. Registered PageMaker users can upgrade to version 7.0 for only $79 (U.S.).* The estimated street price for the Educational version of PageMaker 7.0 is $289 (U.S.) for all platforms. Registered users of Educational versions of PageMaker can upgrade to version 7.0 for only $79.* Education and licensing customers should contact their account managers for additional pricing information. *Important: If you’re upgrading from a retail or educational version of PageMaker that’s older than version 4.0, you should call Adobe Customer Service at 1-800-422-3623 for assistance with your PageMaker 7.0 software installation.
PageMaker 7.0 has the following system requirements:
• PowerPC® processor
• Mac OS software version 8.6 (with Apple Software Font Manager Update version 1.0), 9.1, and OS X (Classic)
• 16 MB of available RAM (32 MB recommended)
• 100 MB of available hard-disk space for installation (150 recommended)
• 800x600 monitor resolution with 8-bit/256colors (high-resolution 24-bit screen display recommended)
• CD-ROM drive
• For Postscript printers: Adobe PostScript Level 2 or higher required
• Intel® Pentium® processor
• Microsoft Windows 98, or Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5 or 6, or Windows 2000,or Windows ME
• 32 MB of available RAM (48 MB or more recommended)
• 175 MB of available hard-disk space for installation (200 MB or more recommended)
• Video card with 800x600 resolution and 8-bit/256 colors (24-bit, high-resolution display recommended)
• CD-ROM drive
• For Adobe PostScript printers: Adobe PostScript Level 2 or later.
PageMaker continues to be a strong draw for new customers who want to present more polished communications.
These users include:
• The business marketing communications, sales, or administrative professional who must produce marketing plans, business reports, policy guides, and more. These users deal with corporate brand guidelines on the use of logos, typefaces, and other corporate identity elements. They are not design professionals themselves and have no time or budget to hire designers, but everything they produce must look professional and convey competence.
• The small office/home office (SOHO) producer who may need to create business cards and letterhead, project proposals, newsletters, brochures, direct mail, flyers, ads, and signage. They need polished materials to compete with the bigger guys, but don’t have much time or training.
• The teacher, administrator, faculty member, or student in K-12 or college. Educators produce a mindboggling array of class materials, academic reports, grant proposals, course catalogs, brochures, flyers, newsletters, yearbooks, and the occasional thesis. Their design skills and budgets may be limited, but they still want to create good-looking materials.
For a complete list of available plug-ins, go to:
To search for PageMaker plug-in developers, see the Adobe Partner Finder at
Yes. Soon after PageMaker 7.0 is available, Adobe will release its PageMaker 7.0 SDK and provide developer support. Please watch http://partners.adobe.com/asn/developer/gapsdk/PageMakerSDK.html for more details.
Please go to the following URL to find out more information about the ASN Developer Program:
Adobe PageMaker can create Adobe PDF files that are compatible with Adobe Acrobat 3.0–5.0;PageMaker can also place PDF files created from those versions of Acrobat. PageMaker 7.0’s Export Adobe PDF Options provide complete control over Acrobat Distiller Job Options by including those options within the PDF Options window.
Adobe PageMaker 7.0 now enables you to import native Photoshop 5.0–6.0.x files, so you no longer have to maintain and store multiple versions of an image file. It also expands its longtime support for placing native Illustrator files with new support for native Illustrator 9.0.x files.* It even maintains layers in native Photoshop and Illustrator files on import. Now you can create an image or illustration and import it directly without having to save it as a flattened file in TIFF, EPS, or other formats. This new support streamlines the process of producing graphically compelling, readable, and persuasive publications. *Note: PageMaker 7.0 does not display or print transparency effects in native Illustrator 9.0 files. However, you can display and print transparency effects by first saving the Illustrator file as an EPS file.
The Typical installation option will install the dictionary for the language that you chose when you launched the installer.
A Custom install, however, provides the following additional dictionaries:
• Brazilian Portuguese
• French Canadian
• German CH
• International English
• U.S. English
Assuming the correct licensing is in place, the PageMaker 7.0 setup folder can be copied to a network drive, and users can install from that network drive. However, for performance reasons, we recommend that users copy the setup folder to their local drive and run the installation routine from their local machine, where possible.
Adobe does not release information about specific bugs or bug counts. We can say that PageMaker 7.0 fixes a number of areas that improve the usability, performance, interoperability, and stability of the application.
PageMaker 7.0 installs only the PPDs that Adobe creates: General, Color General, and Acrobat Distiller. The main reason that we do not include PPDs is because they become outdated, and new ones are being created for new devices all the time. Adobe recommends that you contact the manufacturer of your output device to obtain a PPD for that device.
First customer shipment in the U.S. is expected in July, with localized versions shipping in August and September.
Special offers change from time to time. Please check http://www.adobe.com/store/products/ pagemaker.html to see the current promotions available for PageMaker.
Adobe is committed to the PageMaker business and education customer base, and will continue to develop layout tools that meet the needs of this market segment.
Unfortunately, there is no way to open an InDesign file in PageMaker.
PageMaker 7.0 is compatible with Windows 2000 but not certified.
Because PageMaker 7.0 will ship before Windows XP, it will not be certified to run under it. However, it should run successfully under Windows XP with few, if any, problems.
Adobe PageMaker 7.0 contents include:
• Adobe PageMaker software
• Professionally designed templates, stock illustrations, and high-resolution stock photography*
• 51 font families representing 183 Adobe typefaces (Education version)
• 57 font families representing 204 Adobe typefaces (Retail version)
• Adobe Type Manager® Light 4.1 for Windows
• Adobe Type Manager Light 4.6 for Macintosh
• Adobe Table Editor
• Converter for QuarkXPress (Macintosh)
• Converter for QuarkXPress and Microsoft Publisher (Windows only)
• Dictionary software for 17 languages
• User Guide
• Apple QuickTime 4.1.2
• Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 and Distiller 5.0 software
• Tryout versions of Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Illustrator 9.0, InDesign, GoLive® 5.0 and more
PostScript is a page description language developed by Adobe Systems. It is a language for printing documents on laser printer, but it can also be used to produce images on other types of devices.
Showpage command transfers the contents of the current page to the current output device.
The main function of showpage is
• It executes the endpage procedure in the page device dictionary
• Executes the function equivalent of an initgraphics operation, reinitializing the graphics state for the next page
• In page device dictionary, it executes the beginpage
• If the Boolean result returned by the EndPage process is true, transmits the contents of the page to the current output device and performs the equivalent of an erasepage operation, clearing the contents in preparation for the next page.
To create a Diptych
Adobe PageMaker Related Interview Questions
|Adobe Photoshop Interview Questions||Adobe Premier Interview Questions|
|Adobe AEM/CQ Interview Questions||Adobe Flex Interview Questions|
|Adobe Flex Actionscript Interview Questions||Adobe Lightroom Interview Questions|
|Adobe After Effects Interview Questions||Adobe Fireworks Interview Questions|
|Adobe Edge Interview Questions|
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd
Wisdomjobs.com is one of the best job search sites in India.