Virtual job fairs are the best platform to reach the target audience and better interaction among the recruiters and job seekers. These virtual job fairs are intended to reach maximum group of candidates within short span. The other side, it helps to increase brand image while cutting down their expenses. Here are some important tips to attend virtual job fair.
- Update your resume: Update your resume in a clear and concise way before attending a job fair. Make sure that you have created your resume in different digital formats that are acceptable digitally. You can highlight various things in your resume like your skill sets, strength and type of job you are seeking.
- Research and study: Before attending a virtual job fair you need to do complete research about the participating companies. You need to find the information about company's profile, jobs being offered and some other details about the recruiter. Research before the interview itself may help you know more details and it may also impress the recruiters.
- Set a reminder for the event: Set a reminder for the event to attend on allotted day.
- Pre- interview preparations: If you prepare for the interview questions related to your job experiences, company's profile, and your skill sets will be an added advantage to you. You can keep your answers crisp and concise.
- Dress code: Unlike regular job interviews, formal dressing is not that much important in virtual job fairs. Dressing professionally will help you be in the formal mind-set and also write full sentences, avoid slangs and emotions.
- Do follow-up with the recruiters: At the end of the event have contact details of recruiters to do follow-up to know the feedback. You can use this opportunity to build contacts.