Job Title : Assistant Manager - Monitoring
Department : Monitoring & Continuous Improvement
Location : Mumbai
Reports To : Manager - M&CI
Span Of Control : 0-3 Team Leader
Job Purpose :
- The purpose of this job is to be responsible to determine & drive process/people related improvements across the contact centre. In doing this, ensures is able to clearly identify performance indicators by means of periodic performance reviews and continuous feedback with the operations team & key stakeholders.
Principle Accountable :
To determine & drive Process/People related improvements :
- Create appropriate sample size strategies to ensure maximum output of insights and issues.
- Create and early warning signal to highlight to the operations and continuous improvement team for quick fixes on potential issues.
- Highlight the behavioral issues if any to operational stakeholders and reporting Manager
- Collate the people related and non people related issues feeding them back to the People issue log and the Business Issue Log respectively.
- Proactively highlight issues to the manager and key stakeholders in case of dead lock situations.
- Identify and communicate trends in defects found, collaborate with operational and continuous improvement teams to find solutions and process improvement to reduce defects.
- Create and drive campaigns on the floor as per requirements in conjunction with the quality manager.
- Work cross functionally with other teams to share root cause analysis and fix issues.
- Maintain a high level of accessibility as a monitoring resource for the business.
Identification of performance indicators through periodic performance reviews and continuous feedback :
- Ensure calibration exercises are conducted in a timely manner, with clear reporting around variances and action plans to reduce the same.
- Conduct a Weekly performance Review of the process with Operations.
- Conduct analysis of performance metrics of individual team members and the entire team as a whole. Create and implement action plan for improvement, if required
- Ensure all daily, weekly and monthly productivity targets are met.
- Analyze trends on key parameters impacting the KPIs. Create and implement action plan for improvement, if required
- Create a trend analysis on the people issues for the area and work with the Operations team to fix the same
- Highlight variation in performance and design effective action plans to improve performance
- Create a de brief mechanism that gathers the observations for the day and shares with the Monitoring Manager and Operations Manager for the area.
- Conduct analysis of performance shifts to identify root causes
- Derive effective plans to improve performance and reduce leakages and non compliance issues by working closely with cross-functional teams.
Managing & Driving People & Performance Management :
- Leadership - Manage a team of team leaders in the monitoring function.
- Responsible for end to schedule adherence and leave management of the team
- Provide adequate motivation and support to the team through regular coachings, one-to-one and counseling wherever required.
- Promote and maintain TL appraisal with fairness, applicability and consistency.
- Conduct training need identification for the team and ensure that relevant trainings are conducted for the development of the team.
- Conduct reward and recognition programs for the team on a timely basis and in a fair manner. Conduct monthly assessments of the team and provide relevant feedback on improvement opportunities.
- Ensure the team meets defined targets, identify and fix gaps on a timely basis.
- Ensure best practices are shared within the team.
- Ensure that the companys policies are being adhered to by team and self
- Responsible for creating, Team Leader - M & CI, induction manual.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies Required :
Business/Functional Knowledge (E) :
- Understand and applies the knowledge of compliance, regulatory guidelines, policies of organisation policies & guidelines
- Understands and knows the elements of the company plan, business drivers that impact the organization and knowledge of the telecom industry in the UK.
- Knowledge of Brand Strategy and its Implications.
- Knowledge of analytical tools to identify trends and root causes for performance variances at individual, team and skill set level
- Good understanding of MS Office tools such as MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.
Core competency :
Customer Focus :
- Ability to maintain high confidentiality with sensitive information and data and display integrity.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs, explore all options and develop appropriate project solutions.
- Ability to keep customers requirements and feedback at the base of all project related activities.
Functional Skills and Competencies :
Analytical Thinking & Decision Making :
- Evaluates the outcomes of business activities and processes against
objectives and benchmarks, and advises on further action
- Accurately interpret and analyze the available data to come up with a workable solution based on identification of root causes.
- Draws out correlations between different parameters by conducting gap analysis on different reports to identify trends, variances and root causes at individual, team and skill set level
- Anticipates the consequences of decisions.
Result orientation :
- Incumbent ensures delivers & drives the team to meet defined targets & deadlines.
- Is able to cope effectively with complexity and change and is receptive to feedback and displays a drive to continuously improve oneself.
- Is able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
Self Driven :
- Sets clear goals for himself and pursues them with enthusiasm and energy
- Displays optimism & tenacity when faced with obstacles & persistence to complete tasks / responsibilities
- Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways and means for continuous improvement Influencing/Negotiation
- Works in collaboration with Operation and CI teams by gaining commitment / buy-in to set objectives
- Works cross functionally with other teams to share root cause analysis and fix issues by using appeals to reason, data, facts and figures
- Influences others by drawing from factual examples and multiple instances in order to achieve the set objectives & gain commitment
- Influences & holds the operational team to account for People related improvements
- Minimizes the opportunity for difficult situations or confrontation to arise
Leadership & People Management :
Effective Coaching & Feedback :
- Provides motivation & support to the team through regular coachings, one to one and counseling wherever required.
- Coaches outlier team leaders towards improvement in quality and productivity
- Ability to provide feedback in constructive, firm and outcome focused manner to continuously enhance performance & behaviours on delivery of tasks.
People & Performance management :
- Acknowledges, recognize and reward employees in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ensures best practices sharing within the team
- Provides consistency in performance expectations and measurement
- Conducts analysis of performance metrics of individual team members and the entire team as a whole.
- Creates and implements action plan for improvement.
Leading and Developing Others :
- Supports others through providing clarity, direction and organization purpose
- Regularly follows up and holds others accountable for their performance
- Understands key motivators of individual Team leaders and leverages these to coach & develop them
- Conducts training need identification for the team and ensure that relevant trainings are conducted for the development of the team.
Education & Experience Required :
- (Minimum) Graduation required in any discipline.
- (Preferred) Post Graduation/MBA
Certifications : Six-Sigma, Lean, COPC or PMP certifications will be preferred.
- 5 - 7 years of overall experience should be in a Voice based customer service environment / people management environment of which, at least 1 year should be in managing a monitoring function
- Experience of leading and managing teams.
Others : The job role involves travel to & stay in Pune/Mumbai