Section : Geographic Information system
Post Name : GIS Database Administrator
Education Qualification : M.E. M. Tech in Remote Sensing /GIS after B.E/B/Tech in civil Engineering/Geo informatics/Computer Sciences/Electronics with experience in GIS related projects and in GIs Database administration
- Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA) was set up by APCRDA Act 2014, as the nodal agency responsible for the purpose of Planning, Co-ordination, Execution, Supervision, Financing, Funding and for Promoting and Securing the Planned Development of the Capital Region and Capital City Area for the State of Andhra Pradesh and for managing and supervising urban services in the New Capital Area and for the matters ancillary thereto.
- Additional Director, GIS shall be reporting to the Director Information Systems, the GIS Additional Director will direct, supervise and monitor the ongoing maintenance and dissemination of data and applications in the GIS environment and work with various departments and divisions to ensure that their needs for GIS Information are met on a day to day basis.
- GIS Database Administrator shall be reporting to the Additional Director, GIS and shall be responsible for Spatial Database Administration, Daily Backups, Spatial database integration with WenGIS applications.
- The above posts are temporary and will be filled on contract basis for a minimum period of 1 year initially and may be extendable up to next two years- subject to exigencies of work.
- He/she shall be responsible for overall direction, supervision of entire GIS related functions.
- Verification of Data acquired from various sources like SOI, NRSC, APSAC etc., and preparation of base maps.
- Creation of Spatial database and Spatial Database management.
- Analysis of Spatial data and preparation of Thematic maps as per the needs of stakeholders- departments in APCRDA such as Planning, Development Control, Estates, Lands, Economic Development, Urban Forestry & Landscaping etc.,
- He/she shall work as a Group Leader for entire GIS Team working in APCRDA.
- Responsible for the on-going spatial data maintenance and dissemination, end-user support and the generation of maps and other GIS reports and information products.
- Provide technical expertise related specifically to Asset management, Land Management etc.,
- He/ She shall oversee the functions of GIS team such as preparation of Master Plans, creation of LPS Layouts, Allocation of lands to various organization and preparation of thematic maps from the existing spatial data.
- Compiling and organizing GIS data from maps, databases and other sources; collection of data in the field using Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS).
- Control of units of measurements in the maps, collection and conversion of mapping resources and data.
- Daily input and editing of capital city and Capital Region infrastructure; Conduct programmatic and manual analysis and create reports and thematic maps on the data within the GIS;conversion, import and export data in and out of the GIS system.
- He/ She shall direct the preparation of regular status reports, highlighting GIS issues requiring attention.
- He/ She shall ensure that quality assurance on new or revised data conforms to standards laid out in the Geodatabase, or any other applicable standard or policy;Create and document procedures and metadata definitions.
- GIS Vendor Management
- Design or prepare graphic representations of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data, using GIS hardware or software applications.
- Analyze Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses, using maps, graphs, or tabular data.
- Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
- Enter data into Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation.
- Perform geospatial data building, modelling, or analysis, using advanced spatial analysis, data manipulation, or cartography software.
- Design or coordinate the development of integrated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) spatial or non-spatial databases.
- Select cartographic elements needed for effective presentation of information.
- Provide technical support regarding the maintenance, development, or operation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, equipment, or applications. Interpretation of Satellite Imageries, Drone Imageries, AerialPhotos, Ortho photographs.
- Classification of Satellite Imageries for preparation of Land Use maps.
Special Skills :
- Experience in analyzing spatial data in an urban planning environment and translating Organization requirements into appropriate GIS reports and thematic maps.
- Knowledge of modern component-based GIS tools and methodology for urban and utility GIS use cases, Knowledge of SQL Databases and ArcGIS Enterprise Server is an added advantage.
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal and Team Management skills.
Competencies Required :
- Knowledge : Computers and Electronics, Geography, English Language, Mathematics, Design, Engineering andTechnology, Customer and Personal Service
- Skills : Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Complex Problem Solving, Speaking, Active Learning, Judgement and Decision Making, Active Listening, Mathematics, Writing and Coordination of GIS Data Analysis and Generation of Thematic maps
- Abilities : Inductive Reasoning, Near Vision, Deductive Reasoning, Written Comprehension, flexibility of closure, Information Ordering, Oral Expression, Problem Sensitivity, Visualization and Category Flexibility
Tools and Technology :
- Tools : Laser Printers, Notebook computers, Photocopiers, Plotter Printers and Scanners and all relevant Tools
- Technology :
- GIS Software :
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and above versions with knowledge in ArcGIS Extension like Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, 3D Analyst, Geo Statistical Analyst.
- CAD Software: AutoCAD 2017 an d above versions.
- RDBMS : Postgre SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
- Development Environment : Python, Microsoft .NET, Java
- MAP Creation Software : ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and above versions
- WebGIS Software : ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Server 10.5 and above versions
- MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Access, MS Project etc.
Exprience : GIS Database Administrator:
1. 8 years of relevant experience in creation and maintenance of GIS database.
2. Usage of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5, PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server / Oracle.
LOCATION : VIJAYAWADA
DATE OF JOINING : Immediate Joining
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable
|Employment Type :||Full Time|
|Deadline :||13th Jan 2019|
|View all Similar Jobs|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Vijayawada||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Vijayawada|
|MS SQL Jobs In Vijayawada||SQL DBA Jobs In Vijayawada|
|SQL Server Jobs In Vijayawada||SQL Jobs In Vijayawada|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Vijayawada||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Vijayawada|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Vijayawada||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Vijayawada|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Chennai||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Chennai|
|MS SQL Jobs In Chennai||SQL DBA Jobs In Chennai|
|SQL Server Jobs In Chennai||SQL Jobs In Chennai|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Chennai||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Chennai|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Chennai||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Chennai|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Bangalore||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Bangalore|
|MS SQL Jobs In Bangalore||SQL DBA Jobs In Bangalore|
|SQL Server Jobs In Bangalore||SQL Jobs In Bangalore|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Bangalore||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Bangalore|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Bangalore||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Bangalore|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Visakhapatnam||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|MS SQL Jobs In Visakhapatnam||SQL DBA Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|SQL Server Jobs In Visakhapatnam||SQL Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Visakhapatnam||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Visakhapatnam||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Kurnool||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Kurnool|
|MS SQL Jobs In Kurnool||SQL DBA Jobs In Kurnool|
|SQL Server Jobs In Kurnool||SQL Jobs In Kurnool|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Kurnool||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Kurnool|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Kurnool||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Kurnool|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Hindupur||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Hindupur|
|MS SQL Jobs In Hindupur||SQL DBA Jobs In Hindupur|
|SQL Server Jobs In Hindupur||SQL Jobs In Hindupur|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Hindupur||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Hindupur|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Hindupur||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Hindupur|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Anantapur||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Anantapur|
|MS SQL Jobs In Anantapur||SQL DBA Jobs In Anantapur|
|SQL Server Jobs In Anantapur||SQL Jobs In Anantapur|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Anantapur||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Anantapur|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Anantapur||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Anantapur|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|MS SQL Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||SQL DBA Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|SQL Server Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||SQL Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Hyderabad||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Hyderabad|
|MS SQL Jobs In Hyderabad||SQL DBA Jobs In Hyderabad|
|SQL Server Jobs In Hyderabad||SQL Jobs In Hyderabad|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Hyderabad||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Hyderabad|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Hyderabad||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Hyderabad|
|MS SQL Server Jobs In Mumbai||SQL Server Dba Jobs In Mumbai|
|MS SQL Jobs In Mumbai||SQL DBA Jobs In Mumbai|
|SQL Server Jobs In Mumbai||SQL Jobs In Mumbai|
|Arcgis Server Jobs In Mumbai||SQL Server Developer Jobs In Mumbai|
|SQL Server Development Jobs In Mumbai||SQL Server Administration Jobs In Mumbai|
-or-Upload Your CV Max 2 MB, doc, docx, rtf, pdf
We will fill your details
Salary trends based on over 1 crore profilesView Salaries
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd
Writing exams and showing ratings will increase shortlisting your profile by
Wisdomjobs.com is one of the best job search sites in India.
Wisdomjobs.com is one of the best job search sites in India.