Section : Geographic Information system
Post Name : GIS Database Administrator
Education Qualification : M.E. M. Tech in Remote Sensing /GIS after B.E/B/Tech in civil Engineering/Geo informatics/Computer Sciences/Electronics with experience in GIS related projects and in GIs Database administration
- Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority (APCRDA) was set up by APCRDA Act 2014, as the nodal agency responsible for the purpose of Planning, Co-ordination, Execution, Supervision, Financing, Funding and for Promoting and Securing the Planned Development of the Capital Region and Capital City Area for the State of Andhra Pradesh and for managing and supervising urban services in the New Capital Area and for the matters ancillary thereto.
- Additional Director, GIS shall be reporting to the Director Information Systems, the GIS Additional Director will direct, supervise and monitor the ongoing maintenance and dissemination of data and applications in the GIS environment and work with various departments and divisions to ensure that their needs for GIS Information are met on a day to day basis.
- GIS Database Administrator shall be reporting to the Additional Director, GIS and shall be responsible for Spatial Database Administration, Daily Backups, Spatial database integration with WenGIS applications.
- The above posts are temporary and will be filled on contract basis for a minimum period of 1 year initially and may be extendable up to next two years- subject to exigencies of work.
- He/she shall be responsible for overall direction, supervision of entire GIS related functions.
- Verification of Data acquired from various sources like SOI, NRSC, APSAC etc., and preparation of base maps.
- Creation of Spatial database and Spatial Database management.
- Analysis of Spatial data and preparation of Thematic maps as per the needs of stakeholders- departments in APCRDA such as Planning, Development Control, Estates, Lands, Economic Development, Urban Forestry & Landscaping etc.,
- He/she shall work as a Group Leader for entire GIS Team working in APCRDA.
- Responsible for the on-going spatial data maintenance and dissemination, end-user support and the generation of maps and other GIS reports and information products.
- Provide technical expertise related specifically to Asset management, Land Management etc.,
- He/ She shall oversee the functions of GIS team such as preparation of Master Plans, creation of LPS Layouts, Allocation of lands to various organization and preparation of thematic maps from the existing spatial data.
- Compiling and organizing GIS data from maps, databases and other sources; collection of data in the field using Differential Global Positioning System (DGPS).
- Control of units of measurements in the maps, collection and conversion of mapping resources and data.
- Daily input and editing of capital city and Capital Region infrastructure; Conduct programmatic and manual analysis and create reports and thematic maps on the data within the GIS;conversion, import and export data in and out of the GIS system.
- He/ She shall direct the preparation of regular status reports, highlighting GIS issues requiring attention.
- He/ She shall ensure that quality assurance on new or revised data conforms to standards laid out in the Geodatabase, or any other applicable standard or policy;Create and document procedures and metadata definitions.
- GIS Vendor Management
- Design or prepare graphic representations of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data, using GIS hardware or software applications.
- Analyze Geographic Information Systems (GIS) data to identify spatial relationships or display results of analyses, using maps, graphs, or tabular data.
- Maintain or modify existing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases.
- Enter data into Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, using techniques such as coordinate geometry, keyboard entry of tabular data, manual digitizing of maps, scanning or automatic conversion to vectors, or conversion of other sources of digital data.
- Review existing or incoming data for currency, accuracy, usefulness, quality, or completeness of documentation.
- Perform geospatial data building, modelling, or analysis, using advanced spatial analysis, data manipulation, or cartography software.
- Design or coordinate the development of integrated Geographic Information Systems (GIS) spatial or non-spatial databases.
- Select cartographic elements needed for effective presentation of information.
- Provide technical support regarding the maintenance, development, or operation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) databases, equipment, or applications. Interpretation of Satellite Imageries, Drone Imageries, AerialPhotos, Ortho photographs.
- Classification of Satellite Imageries for preparation of Land Use maps.
Special Skills :
- Experience in analyzing spatial data in an urban planning environment and translating Organization requirements into appropriate GIS reports and thematic maps.
- Knowledge of modern component-based GIS tools and methodology for urban and utility GIS use cases, Knowledge of SQL Databases and ArcGIS Enterprise Server is an added advantage.
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal and Team Management skills.
Competencies Required :
- Knowledge : Computers and Electronics, Geography, English Language, Mathematics, Design, Engineering andTechnology, Customer and Personal Service
- Skills : Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Complex Problem Solving, Speaking, Active Learning, Judgement and Decision Making, Active Listening, Mathematics, Writing and Coordination of GIS Data Analysis and Generation of Thematic maps
- Abilities : Inductive Reasoning, Near Vision, Deductive Reasoning, Written Comprehension, flexibility of closure, Information Ordering, Oral Expression, Problem Sensitivity, Visualization and Category Flexibility
Tools and Technology :
- Tools : Laser Printers, Notebook computers, Photocopiers, Plotter Printers and Scanners and all relevant Tools
- Technology :
- GIS Software :
- ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and above versions with knowledge in ArcGIS Extension like Spatial Analyst, Network Analyst, 3D Analyst, Geo Statistical Analyst.
- CAD Software: AutoCAD 2017 an d above versions.
- RDBMS : Postgre SQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
- Development Environment : Python, Microsoft .NET, Java
- MAP Creation Software : ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5 and above versions
- WebGIS Software : ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise Server 10.5 and above versions
- MS Office - Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Access, MS Project etc.
Exprience : GIS Database Administrator:
1. 8 years of relevant experience in creation and maintenance of GIS database.
2. Usage of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop 10.5, PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server / Oracle.
LOCATION : VIJAYAWADA
DATE OF JOINING : Immediate Joining
SALARY RANGE: Negotiable
|Employment Type :||Full Time|
|Functional Area :||Systems/Product Software|
|Deadline :||16th Nov 2018|
|View all Similar Jobs|
|Gis Jobs In Vijayawada||Sql Server Jobs In Vijayawada|
|Cad Jobs In Vijayawada||Autocad Jobs In Vijayawada|
|Rdbms Jobs In Vijayawada||Arcgis Jobs In Vijayawada|
|Postgresql Jobs In Vijayawada||Ms Sql Jobs In Vijayawada|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Vijayawada||Db2 Jobs In Vijayawada|
|Gis Jobs In Chennai||Sql Server Jobs In Chennai|
|Cad Jobs In Chennai||Autocad Jobs In Chennai|
|Rdbms Jobs In Chennai||Arcgis Jobs In Chennai|
|Postgresql Jobs In Chennai||Ms Sql Jobs In Chennai|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Chennai||Db2 Jobs In Chennai|
|Gis Jobs In Bangalore||Sql Server Jobs In Bangalore|
|Cad Jobs In Bangalore||Autocad Jobs In Bangalore|
|Rdbms Jobs In Bangalore||Arcgis Jobs In Bangalore|
|Postgresql Jobs In Bangalore||Ms Sql Jobs In Bangalore|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Bangalore||Db2 Jobs In Bangalore|
|Gis Jobs In Visakhapatnam||Sql Server Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|Cad Jobs In Visakhapatnam||Autocad Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|Rdbms Jobs In Visakhapatnam||Arcgis Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|Postgresql Jobs In Visakhapatnam||Ms Sql Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Visakhapatnam||Db2 Jobs In Visakhapatnam|
|Gis Jobs In Kurnool||Sql Server Jobs In Kurnool|
|Cad Jobs In Kurnool||Autocad Jobs In Kurnool|
|Rdbms Jobs In Kurnool||Arcgis Jobs In Kurnool|
|Postgresql Jobs In Kurnool||Ms Sql Jobs In Kurnool|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Kurnool||Db2 Jobs In Kurnool|
|Gis Jobs In Hindupur||Sql Server Jobs In Hindupur|
|Cad Jobs In Hindupur||Autocad Jobs In Hindupur|
|Rdbms Jobs In Hindupur||Arcgis Jobs In Hindupur|
|Postgresql Jobs In Hindupur||Ms Sql Jobs In Hindupur|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Hindupur||Db2 Jobs In Hindupur|
|Gis Jobs In Anantapur||Sql Server Jobs In Anantapur|
|Cad Jobs In Anantapur||Autocad Jobs In Anantapur|
|Rdbms Jobs In Anantapur||Arcgis Jobs In Anantapur|
|Postgresql Jobs In Anantapur||Ms Sql Jobs In Anantapur|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Anantapur||Db2 Jobs In Anantapur|
|Gis Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||Sql Server Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|Cad Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||Autocad Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|Rdbms Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||Arcgis Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|Postgresql Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||Ms Sql Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Andhra Pradesh||Db2 Jobs In Andhra Pradesh|
|Gis Jobs In Hyderabad||Sql Server Jobs In Hyderabad|
|Cad Jobs In Hyderabad||Autocad Jobs In Hyderabad|
|Rdbms Jobs In Hyderabad||Arcgis Jobs In Hyderabad|
|Postgresql Jobs In Hyderabad||Ms Sql Jobs In Hyderabad|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Hyderabad||Db2 Jobs In Hyderabad|
|Gis Jobs In Mumbai||Sql Server Jobs In Mumbai|
|Cad Jobs In Mumbai||Autocad Jobs In Mumbai|
|Rdbms Jobs In Mumbai||Arcgis Jobs In Mumbai|
|Postgresql Jobs In Mumbai||Ms Sql Jobs In Mumbai|
|It Asset Management Jobs In Mumbai||Db2 Jobs In Mumbai|
-or-Upload Your CV Max 2 MB, doc, docx, rtf, pdf
We will fill your details
Salary trends based on over 1 crore profilesView Salaries
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd
Writing exams and showing ratings will increase shortlisting your profile by
Wisdomjobs.com is one of the best job search sites in India.
Wisdomjobs.com is one of the best job search sites in India.