Get best matched Jobs on your Email.
APPSC Group 2 Exam Syllabus Details: Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC)’s Group II exam syllabus details are given below…
Syllabus of the Written Examination:
Paper I – General Studies:
1. General Science
2. Current Events of National and International Importance.
3. History of India and Indian National Movement. India and World Geography.
4. General Mental Ability.
5. Questions on General Science will cover General appreciation and understanding of science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline. In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. Questions on Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of Nationalism and attainment of independence. In geography emphasis will be on geography of India. Questions on geography of India will relate to physical, social and economic geography of the country, including the main features of the Indian agricultural and natural resources. On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
6. Disaster Management (Source: CBSE Publications)
a. Concepts in disaster management and vulnerability profile of India / State of A.P.
b. Earth quakes / Cyclones / Tsunami / Floods / Drought – causes and effects.
c. Man made disasters – Prevention strategies.
d. Mitigation strategies / Mitigation measures.
Paper II – Social & Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh:
1. The Satavahanas and their contribution – social structure – Ikshvakus and their cultural contribution; Buddhism and Jainism; The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi – their socio-cultural contribution – growth of Telugu language & Literature.
2. Socio- Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhra Desha between first and fifteenth
centuries of the Christian Era.
3. Establishment of British Rule – 1857 Revolt and its impact on Andhra and Hyderabad
Socio-cultural awakening ; Adi-Andhra/Dalit and Justice/self – respect movements; Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 and 1947 – Role of socialists – communists – anti-zamindari-kisan movements.
4. Asafjahi Dynasty – socio-cultural awakening in Telangana -Adi-Hindu Movement – Nizam Rashtra Janasangham – Andhra Mahasabha – Andhra Saaraswata Parishat – Hyderabad State Congress and Vandemataram Movement.
5. Growth of Leftist / Communist Movement and Telangana People’s Armed Struggle –
Ittehadul-Muslimeen – Razakars-anti-Nizam Struggles and end of Nizam’s Rule. Integration of Hyderabad State into Indian Union – Formation of Andhra Pradesh – Important historical events after 1956.
General Overview of the Indian Constitution:
1. Salient features of the Indian Constitution – Preamble, Fundamental Duties, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship.
2. Distinctive features of Indian Federation – Distribution of Legislative Powers between the Union and the State; Relative roles of Legislature, Executive and Judiciary. 17
3. Community development experiment – 3 tier model of Panchayat Raj – 73rd and 74th amendments and their implementation.
4. Welfare Mechanism in India: Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes and Minorities; Reservations for SC, ST and Backward Classes; Prevention of SC and ST Atrocities Act; National and State SC and ST Commission; Women’s Commission; National and States Minorities Commission and Human Rights Commission.
5. Unicameral and Bicameral Legislatures – Functions and crises of accountability, decline of legislature.
Paper III – Planning in India & Indian Economy:
1. Planning in Indian Economy – Socio-economic objectives and outlays of 5 year plans – Major controversies of planning in India – Alternative strategies – Goals and achievements – shortfall of different plans – Planning in the market – Major reforms/policy changes effect from 1991.
2. Broad fiscal, monetary, industrial trade and agricultural policies, objectives, rationale, constraints and effects.
3. Geographic size – Endowment of natural resources, population; size composition quality and growth trends – occupational distribution – effect of British rule with reference to drain theory and Laissez faire Policy.
4. Money banking and public finances – concept of money and measures of money supply velocity of money banks and credit creation, determination of price level – inflation, its causes and remedies , finance budget – taxes and non-tax revenue.
5. Meaning and measurements of growth- growth distribution and welfare, characteristics of under development, stages of development, sources of growth capital – human capital,
population, productivity, trade and aid, growth strategies – types of average measures – dispersion-correlation-index numbers; types, uses and limitations.
Contemporary Problems and Developments in Rural Society with Special Reference to Andhra Pradesh:
1. National Income & Main sectors of Economy, GDP (Gross Domestic Product), Per capita income and HDI (Human Development Index) as measures of development. Relative contribution of agriculture to income and employment in the recent four decades of AP.
2. Five year plans of AP – Outlays, Finance in public sector plan and resource allocation
pattern in the recent five year plan.
3. Need for and aims of land reforms in AP – Structure of land holdings in AP. Forest, sown and irrigated area in AP. Cropping pattern. Sources of Agricultural finance in AP – Agricultural subsidies.
4. Growth and structure of Industries in Andhra Pradesh , factories, small and tiny sectors, their comparison , growth , weaknesses and problems- Institutional and non-institutional – growth and structure of cooperatives in Andhra Pradesh – Share of cooperatives in total credits – adequacy and problems.
5. Structure of Agricultural outputs – administered prices including support and procurement prices – Public Distribution System in AP ; Service sector of AP – importance, composition and growth with special reference to transport and communication, tourism and information and biotechnology.
New to Wisdom Jobs ? Register Now
APPSC - Group 2 Exam Syllabus Details Related Jobs
APPSC - Group 2 Exam Pattern Details
APPSC - Group 2 Exam Eligibility Details
APPSC Group 2 Exam Selection Process Details
APPSC Group 2 Exam Syllabus Details
APPSC Paper I (Group 2) Previous Papers
APPSC GENERAL STUDIES (Group 2) Previous Papers
APPSC Paper II (Group 2) Previous Papers
APPSC Paper II Group 2 Previous Papers
APPSC Paper III (Group 2) Previous Papers
APPSC Paper III Group 2 Previous Papers
|State Government Jobs|
|Delhi Government jobs|
|Punjab Government Jobs|
|Madhya Pradesh Government Jobs|
|Haryana Government Jobs|
|Rajasthan Government Jobs|
|Orissa Government Jobs|
|Bihar Government Jobs|
|Chhattisgarh Government Jobs|
|Maharashtra Government Jobs|
|UP Government Jobs|
|Jharkhand Government Jobs|
|AP Government Jobs|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands Government Jobs|
|Arunachal Pradesh Government Jobs|
|Assam Government Jobs|
|Chandigarh Government Jobs|
|Daman and Diu Government Jobs|
|Goa Government Jobs|
|Gujarat Government Jobs|
|Himachal Pradesh Government Jobs|
|Jammu and Kashmir Government Jobs|
|Karnataka Government Jobs|
|Kerala Government Jobs|
|Lakshadweep Government Jobs|
|Manipur Government Jobs|
|Meghalaya Government Jobs|
|Mizoram Government Jobs|
|Nagaland Government Jobs|
|Pondicherry Government jobs|
|Sikkim Government Jobs|
|Tamilnadu Government Jobs|
|Telangana Government Jobs|
|Tripura Government Jobs|
|West Bengal Government Jobs|
|Uttaranchal Government Jobs|
|Exam Pattern & Selection Process|
|Govt Interview Questions|
|Latest Interview Results|
|Latest Current Affairs|
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd
Wisdomjobs.com is one of the best job search sites in India.