Your resume is the most important part of your job search. A detailed resume can make wonders in your job search. No Matter how good your resume, it should be accompanied by a job application letter. While, a job application letter creates magic in your job search. Draft an application letters that how your experience and skills are relevant for your job. It introduces about you to the potential employer that how better as a person you can create value to your background. A well drafted cover letter also gives an impression to understand your interest in the position. Use job application letter as a medium to understand about you and not your skills. You should understand following parts of a job application letter.
- Eye catching job application letter: Your job application letter should be eye catching as well as be able to grab the attention of your employer. It should explain the employer that why do you fit for the job. Customize your job application letter according to your job requirements.
- The first paragraph: The first paragraph of your job application letter should able to build the value to the role. The first paragraph itself explains about the position in the organization.
- Addressing the right person: Your job application letter should address the right person in the organization. You can use networks or keywords to search the internet to who you are addressing.
- The hooking paragraph: The beginning and ending of job application letter should include examples of work done, previous experiences and achieved results. You can also include some key competencies that define your work.
- Education: List out the relevant education qualifications to assure the employer about your abilities.
Common Job Letter Mistakes to Avoid
- It has too much verbose
- It talks only about you
- Using the same application letter for every job
- Including grammatical errors and typos