What is Mantis?
Mantis is known as a Bug Reporting tool, it is mostly applied as an issue tracking tool in all types of testing activities. This tutorial is gives brief about the basic features and usage of Mantis. Chapters in this tutorial are meant to guide the readers on how to apply the tool in reporting and maintain an issue.
Mantis Bug Tracking tool is an open source web-based application tool. It is widely used forBug Tracking in testing life cycle. Along with bug tracking, Mantis provides support to release Features to offer different features of a project or a software.
Mantis is also called as MantisBT, which meansMantis Bug Tracker. Here the name and logo of the Mantis known asMantidae family of insects. Here it is called as a bug.
You can get the demo of the Mantis you need to Download (to set up your own Mantis) and Hosting version of the tool. Mantis offer support to different features for Issue Tracking and life cycle along with Release Management.
The development of Mantis started in 2000 by Kenzaburo Ito. Later in 2002, other team members (JeroenLatour, Victor Boctor and Julian Fitzell) joined. The basic version 1.0.0 of Mantis was released in February 2006.
In 2012, GitHubis known as the official repository for the Mantis project source code.
License and Free Trial
● It is an open source software. License is not required to use its basic version.
● It provides Demo and Hosting Version for free trails.
● It supports Download feature to set up your own Mantis software. The user can sign up using email ID.
● To track all bugs/issue throughout Defect lifecycle.
● To manage at Release level as well.
● Supports Analytic and Reporting features.
● Supports plug-in with other softwares and IDE to make it more strong and effective.
What are the features of Mantis?
Mantis offers various features to attract QAs and other stakeholders in the process of bug tracking. Here are some core features of Mantis.