EPF name change requires EPF name correction form it is a letter /document produced by the employee through the employer it is also called as the joint declaration by the employee and the employer it is required when an employee has errors in the EPF form that is already registered in EPFO employee provident fund organization. info is a government organization which administers employee provident fund/employee pension scheme. it is addressed to regional EPFO commissioner.
Employee name correction form must be in the following format
● Addressed to the EPFO regional commissioner
● State the reason that why the letter is being submitted
● An establishment that employee currently being an employee
● Clear explanation on clarifying the error
Employee correction form consists of a table in which particulars should be mentioned And correct details of the wrong entry. Following details can change or ratified using employee name correction form.
a. Error in the name
b. Errors in father/ husband name
c. Errors in date of birth
d. Error in date if joining in the service in the particular organization
e. Error date leaving service in the organization
All the columns will be indicated in the form, however, the employee should fill up only the columns that particular information needs to be ratified/corrected/change. Once the form is filled the following details and documents should be attested to the letter.
● Employee signature
● Authority signature /employers company seal /stamp
● Acceptable Supporting documents for EPF name correction form
● Permanent account number/ PAN
● Drivers license
● Bank passbook
● ESIC card
● Voter Id
● Adhaar card
● Copy of phone or electricity/water bill which has a name on it
● Certificate-based on records of Central or state government
Reasons can be varied from employee to employee, for example, female employee changes their name after marriage or sometimes the name is misspelled or wrong entry during enrollment of employee provident fund scheme.EPF name correction form should be produced as early as possible or else it might lead to rejection of EPF claim.
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd