Background checks will be done by employers on job candidates for employment screening, especially on candidates seeking a position that requires high security or a position of trust, such as in a school, hospital, financial institution, airport, and government. Company checks these details by employer itself and some companies are assigning to private agencies which charge a nominal fee. Results of a background verification check typically include past employment verification, credit history, and criminal history. Background check differs from company to company as some employers evaluate a candidates qualifications, character, fitness, and to identify potential hiring risks for safety and security reasons.
However, these checks may sometimes be used for illegal purposes, such as unlawful discrimination (or employment discrimination), identity theft, and violation of privacy.
1. Criminal History: Companies will conduct searches whether the candidate is having any criminal history throughout the state or nation. You need to check each state for its policy. Only information of public record is available.
2. Civil History: Similar to criminal history and includes whether the job candidate is/was a plaintiff or defendant.
3. National Wants and Warrants: It is very important aspect of back ground check. It checks whether the candidate is in wanted,list or not. If the candidate is in wanted, it will appear through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system, but this information is not frequently requested.
4. Credit Report:This is a very common item for Back ground checks. Companies will search for pay slips of an employee to confirm the details submitted by the employee.
5. Social Security Reports: Social security reports check will be done to clarify where the candidate has lived for the past seven years. They will examine the residence proof certificates to verify addresses and locations are genuine or not.
6. Previous Employer Verification: Previous employer verification activity will be carried down to check whether the submitted details of previous employers are correct or not. Due to the increasing frauds and false information in the resumes has created more confusion among employers.
7. Drug Tests: Earlier back ground checks may not contain this test but now nearly 15 to 20 percent of all Back Ground checks including a drug test. Back ground checks typically contract with local medical clinics to conduct the test.
8. Reference Verification: Reference verification is an important part of back ground check. The employer will contact the references provided by the candidate to confirm the details submitted by the candidate.
9. Education: Back ground check clarifies attendance, academic certifications and degrees earned. This has become a common Back ground check as a result of eliminating the frauds. Make ensure that you have provided the genuine details as you cannot mislead by giving wrong details.
All rights reserved © 2020 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd