If you are interested in health, nutrition, and food, you might be look for a job role as a dietitian.
Dietitians are food and nutrition experts who work on a variety of issues related to food and nutrition. They prepare food, conduct research, and coach inpiduals and groups on healthy nutrition.
As a dietitian, you’ll counsel others on proper eating habits to help promote overall health and prevent chronic illnesses. The job role of a dietician is a great responsibility in designing diet specific of an inpidual health profile. As a dietician you could work independently be hired by television channels, be contacted by newspaper, magazines or be a part of corporate or a list of companies which cares about employee’s health. As a dietician you can also work in salons, spa which offer weight reduction and slimming services. However, you could also be a part of Gym which instructs the members about a healthy diet that can keep them fit. As a dietician the options are providing these services of plenty.
Though, your job requirements depend on the industry you choose. Given there is a generic list of a job requirements for a dietician.If you are looking for a job as a Dietician then log on to wisdom jobs to search and apply suitable jobs.
If you are placed in the industry would you require to monitor the health and safety of clients or employees and you should be able to generate organised health reports for these inpiduals and address their problems related to diet and nutrition from time to time.
If you are placed in a beauty and slimming industry then you must create a diet chart for inpidual clients and also see the execution of the diet plan to get the desired results.
Be good at communicating different kinds of people across different sectors and various industries is one of the most important attributes of a dietician one must have. Must watch our video on How to improve communication skills for your career success.
If there are dropouts in diet programs created by slimming centres, then a dietician will be responsible for cancellation or dropout of any of their clients.
The basic job requirement or the job description of a dietician are as follows:
● You are required to fill details on the diet card of any joiner of a diet program
● You should also responsible for maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of the environment of the staff and place of your work.
● For weight loss programs a dietician must record the inch check and modify the diet programs as needed
● The scope of a dietician jobs could be various. You could be a celebrity dietician, if those of the clients you want your services to reach.
● You must be aware of all the celebrity diet programs and be able to create an effective diet program which would keep them healthy and fit.
If you are interested in food and nutrition then you may choose for this role. Most importantly to be aprofessional dietician you must be certified and also have a valid license to work as a dietician. You need to have basic education qualifications such as
● Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD),
● Master’s degrees in nutrition
● Master of Science in Nutrition (MS)
● Master of Science in Nutrition/Didactic Program in Dietetics
● Complete a bachelor’s degree at a school accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE)
● Complete six to 12 months of work in a CADE-accredited practice program
● Pass the CDR test
● Maintain certification through continuing education
We discussed about the job role of dietician. Now we are talking about the career scope of a dietician. A dietician could work and avail of industries such as food industry, health, fitness industry, education, sports industry, media and corporate sectors etc. You must have specific knowledge of how diet and fitness can help an inpidual stay strong. You should be in a position to explain the importance of nutrition and diet to your clients in a very effective manner. For this your communication skills must be very good. You must be articulate, amicable and patient. Your expertise must equip you well to analyse any symptoms arising lack of good diet and creative diet plan which could solve health problems which can be cured with a diet plan.
What is the salary range for a dietician?
The salary range for a dietician would be vary as per the experience levels.A fresher can earn between Rs. 15,000 to 20,000 per month. After gaining a good experience, you may get Rs 30,000 plus. The salary vary depends upon the experience and certifications.
All rights reserved © 2020 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd