ESIC employee state insurance corporation administers employees state insurance of Indian which is a social security scheme to provide employee medical benefit who are under financial distress ,medical benefits include as in the events of sickness and maternity and temporary or permanent disablement due t injury while under service, this scheme provides medical benefits to the employee who is registered to ESI scheme under the ESI Act 1948, the eligibility conditions of the family members are represented in definition of the family under section 2(11) of ESI Act 1948 those are.
Family means all the relatives of the insured persons mentioned below
● Minor legitimate child or adopted child dependant
● Child dependent on the earning of employee
● Receiving education till he/she or of twenty-one years
● Unmarried daughter
● A child with mental or physical abnormalities
● Dependant’s parents whose income does not exceed as prescribed by the central government
● In case of an unmarried employee with deceased parents, minor brother or sister dependent on the earnings of the employee are eligible
ESIC benefits to the family members are sickness, maternity and disablement benefits will be provided to the family members of the insured employee, the benefits to the family members differ from the employee as per conditions mentioned above, following are the benefits details availed by the family members of insured employee.
● Family members will be provided with full medical care when needed
● Treatment and expenses for artificial limbs, artificial appliances as a part of Medical treatment.
● The medical benefit is allowed even when the employee is in receipt of the unemployment allowance / or in case employee is deceased under receipt of unemployment allowances family will continue to have medical benefits as per the mentioned time
● In case of the death of the insured employee, the widow or the mother or the children are entitled to the benefits
● The Funeral Expenses up to Rs. 10000 are provided for the members of the insured if the funeral expenses incur more than the expenditure of funeral
All rights reserved © 2020 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd