The functions of a HR manager are varied, the principle ones of which are as listed below:
● Managing the HR department by ensuring each employee is well versed in their respective fields of expertise.
● Knowledge of laws for implementing various policies within an organisation and also for partnership parameters and outsourcing deals.
● Effective and regular interaction with the executive leadership in-order to convey the Return on Investment (ROI) for the HR activities.
● To gain the trust and confidence of employees by regular interaction with the work-force and installing motivation and encouragement.
● Comprehensive employee orientation programs to provide the goals & objectives and the organization’s expectations towards the same.
● Measurement of workforce capabilities and mapping the requirements with the right candidates.
● Meaningful appraisal process for employee rewards and retention.
● Professional development and maintenance of workforce.
● Coordinating promotions and reassignments to ensure that the right people are doing the right job.
● Maintaining inter-office relationships and interpreting employment laws.
● Managing all aspects of employee benefits.
The duties and responsibilities of HR manager are as listed below:
● Developing planned strategies for immediate and long-term staffing.
● Preparation of job descriptions and the best possible way for advertising the same.
● Shortlisting of potential candidates by using various techniques for optimal selection best suited for any given role.
● Advising on employee pay, promotion, and benefit issues.
● Development and implementation of various policies that include: Disciplinary actions, working conditions, absence management, equal opportunities, etc.
● Listening to grievances with unbiased conclusions. Initiating disciplinary procedures if required.
● Developing and analysing training needs with implementation plans including staff inductions.
● Maintaining effective employer-employee relations for long term success.
● Developing strategies for employee retention.
All rights reserved © 2020 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd