Almost all the companies show interest in hiring young employees who are energetic, vibrant and ambitious. Young employees aged between 21 and 26 are energetic and are always brimming with confidence. Sometimes it becomes difficult for the managers to control their energy and to manage them. Also it is difficult for them to channelize their energy in to something constructive and they end up with unhappy employees. Mentoring them, giving them positive feedback, correct direction and giving proper attention to help them move towards their professional and personal growth, is very essential.
Here are some important tips to manage a team of youngsters:
- Know their needs:Identify what they want and know their ambitions and needs. Try to be a good mentor by analyzing what motivates them and help them in establishing clear goals. Also make them understand what the company is expecting from them as an employee. Improve leadership qualities by teaching them office manners, dress code to wear and also about how to maintain good work place relations at the work place.
- Set reachable goals:Don't create goals that are not achievable and not reachable. This makes employees more stressful and automatically leads to poor performance. Assign work as much as they can handle and mentor them throughout their work so as to avoid any kind of misadventure. Schedule the work and teach them to reach bigger objectives. This makes the work simpler, makes them more focused because they work towards achieving smaller goals and ultimately reach bigger goals.
- Communicate knowledge:Young employees come with no work experience. Therefore it is important to educate them before assigning them the actual tasks. Educate them on how to do the work. Giving right knowledge at the right time will help them in doing their work well without too much of supervision. Always be available for them to clarify their doubts and help them in completing their tasks successfully.
- Set a vibrant atmosphere:Young employees always prefer to work in a lively environment. Maintaining a friendly and vibrant atmosphere is very important as this will help in minimizing their stress levels. Team management involves means frequent team meetings, get-togethers, fun filled environment, corporate events, flexible working hours etc. This brings out best in them and also guarantees work pleasure and loyalty.
- Work life balance:Apart from work, everyone wants to give importance to their personal life. Therefore strike a balance between their work life and personal life. Do not pressurize them to work for long hours all the time. Time management is important to manage the available time effectively. Make them feel that they are a part of the company and involve them in the company matter whenever necessary.
Young employees bring new ideas to the table and a new life to the company. All these tips will make the employees become mature and they will contribute to the growth of the company.