Several large IT and Telecom companies are looking to layoff many employees in coming days. Initially mid and senior level professionals are going to face these layoffs in the coming months.
Here are some top 6 companies which have announced job cuts this year.
- Cognizant: Cognizant decided to cut 6000 jobs which mean 2.4% of total workforce. This is because of the shifting towards new digital services as many IT companies are looking to layoff underperformers employees. The company is looking to cut roles which can be impacted with automation and lower end IT jobs. Recently the company has announced a voluntary separation programme for directors, associate VPs and senior VPs. Nearly 1000 executives will have impact with this move.
- Capgemini: French IT services company Capgemini also looking to trim its workforce of 9000 people which is 5% of its work force. The company acquired iGATE in 2015 and large part of these layoffs will be including the employees of iGATE. The company has already noticed over 35 VP, SVPs, directors and senior directors to leave in February and 200 people from Mumbai office were asked to leave. At the same time the company is looking to hire 20000 people for its new team in India.
- Infosys: Indias largest IT Company Infosys is also looking to layoff 1000 level 6 employees which include (group project managers, project managers, senior architects and higher levels. The company is in the process of indentifying underperformers and expected to leave.
- Wipro: India's third largest IT services provider Wipro too initiate the move to cut down the excess layers of managers and executives. Some roles like project leader can have serious impact with automation and expected that some emerging roles will come.
- Tata Teleservices: Tata teleservices also terminated nearly 200-500 people across sales and other functional areas and across locations.