The ESI benefits are many. The Employees’ State Insurance or ESI is a social security program offered by the government to help employees avail medical benefits when needed. The benefits are as displayed below:
●Sickness benefit- Employees are entitled to receive a daily ‘standard benefit rate’ during the sickness period. The standard benefit rate may vary between 14 INR to 195 INR per day.
●Maternity benefit: Any medical conditions arising out of pregnancy, miscarriage, premature birth of child, etc. This benefit can be availed for 91 days in one calendar year.
●Disablement benefit: Applicable to total or partial disability due to an employment injury. This benefit is valid for the whole life.
●Dependents’ benefit: In the case of death of an employee during employment, this benefit is applicable to his widow and children. In the absence of widow and children, his other dependants are entitled to periodic payments.
The ESIC India program can be used by the employees using the ESI Smart card. The smart card contains all the details pertaining to the employee and needs to be presented to the hospital before the commencement of treatment. The ESIC provides:
● Free and comprehensive health care.
● Medical facilities are available for dependants.
● Both out-patient and in-patient treatments are covered.
● Diagnostic services with free supply of drugs.
● Super speciality hospital treatments.
● INR 10000 paid to dependants of deceased towards funeral expenses.
● Temporary disablement rate of 90% of wage is paid for the period of continued disablement.
● The ESI card or the ‘Pehchan’ card as it is called is a magnetic, smart identity card. The ESI scheme is self-financed. The employer contributes 4.75% and the employee contributes 1.75% of the earnings. Any worker earning less than 21000 INR/Month can avail the ESI scheme.
All rights reserved © 2020 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd