JEE Main 2020
Joint Entrance Examination usually abbreviated as JEE Mains conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency) authority to fill the seatsfor undergraduate engineering programmeslike BE/BTech, BArch and BPlan at NITs (National Institutes of Technology), IIITs (Indian Institutes of Information Technology) and other centrally funded technical institutions (CFTIs) based on the rank candidates secure in the examination. JEE Main is also referred as the eligibility test for JEE Advanced which is required to take by those who seek admission to engineering progrmmes offered by the IITs (Indian Institutes of Technology) in India. Only the top score holders (up to 2.45 lakh) in JEE Main are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced.
More than 1,300 colleges across the country accept the JEE for admission to BE/BTech, BArch, BPlan. JEE Mains is an online engineering exam conducted twice every year across the different locations in India.
New Changes/Updates in JEE Main 2020
Few of changes has been made by NTA recently:
• From 2020, JEE Main exam pattern has been changed by decreasing in the number of questions. There will be numerical based questions for the exam.
• Total marks of BE/BTech will be 300 while BArch and BPlan will carry 400 marks.
• BArch and BPlan questions have been differentiated by initiating new questions for BPlan students.
• No offline payment method is available for registration by 2020.
• The application fee for JEE Main 2020 has been increased for each category
JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates
JEE Main exam will be conducted in two sessions; January session and April session and the dates for the events are below.
JEE Main 2020 – January Session Dates
JEE Main 2020 Events Dates
JEE Main 2020 Application Form availability(January 2020 Session) September 3, 2019
Last date to apply for JEE Main 2020 September 30, 2019
JEE Main 2020 Application form correction window October 11 to 17, 2019
Issuance of JEE Main 2020 admit card December 6, 2019
JEE Main 2020 exam January 6-11, 2020
Declaration of JEE Main 2020 result for January session January 31, 2020
Documents Required to Carry on Exam Day
Below are the mandatory documents required to carry on exam day:
• Admit Card: JEE Main Candidates are required to carry a printed copy of Admit Card downloaded from NTA’s website.
• Photo: Candidates should carry one passport size photograph and it should be the same as you uploaded on the JEE Main online application form.
• Photo ID:One authorized photo ID such as Aadhaar Card (with photograph)/ Aadhaar Enrollment No/ Passport/ Voter ID/ Driving License/ PAN Card/ Ration Card.
• Certificates: If applicable.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility
JEE Main eligibility criteria set by NTA for BE/BTech, BArch and BPlan papers is as follows:
1. Age Limit
There is no specified age limit set for NTA to appear for JEE Main. Those who have successfully Class 12thexamination in 2018/2019 or are appearing in 2020 regardless of their age can appear for the exam.
2. Year of appearance in Qualifying Examination
• Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 or 2019 will be eligible to appear for JEE Main 2020 or those who are appearing in their Class 12th exams in 2020 are also eligible.
• Those who passed Class 12th/ qualifying examination in 2020 or before are eligible to apply too.
• Candidate who will appear in Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.
3. Number of Subjects in Qualifying Examination
• To write the JEE Main 2020, candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/ qualifying examination.
• Those who have taken four subjects shall NOT be permitted to write the JEE Main 2020.
4. Number of Attempts allowed in JEE Main
• A candidate is allowed to attempt the exam for three consecutive years. From 2020, JEE Main exam will be held twice a year (in two sessions yearly) – first in January session and the second in April session. Therefore, the number of attempts will now be six in total for 3 years.
• However, it is not mandatory for candidate to appear for the exam twice a year but the better of the two scores secured in both exams (January session and April session) will be used for the purpose of ranking in the merit list.
5. Qualifying Marks to Appear
• The aggregate minimum qualifying marks of 75% is required to appear in JEE Main (it is also the requirement to get into NITs, IITs, IIITs and CFTIs).
• For reserved category candidates, the minimum qualifying marks is 65%.
Documents required for JEE Main 2020 Registration
To register for JEE Main 2020, applicants are required to have:
• Aadhaar Card number (not mandatory)
• Class 10th certificate
• Class 12th mark sheet
• Photograph in JPEG format- 10 KB to 100KB (size), 3.5cm x 4.5cm (dimensions)
JEE Main 2020 Registration
To appear for exam, candidates are required to register for the exam online on the official website of NTA (National Testing Agency) or JEE Main. Steps to register are below:
• Fill the online application form of JEE Main visiting the official NTA website.
• Upload scanned images such as photo, signature and certificates required.
• Pay JEE Main 2020 application fee.
• Print at least four printouts of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Cards
JEE Main 2020 admit cards will be issued by NTA on official website of JEE Main (January session) from December 6.
All rights reserved © 2020 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd