The EPS or Employees’ Pension Scheme is part of the EPF deductions of the salary. Of the 12% of the basic salary that the employer contributes towards the EPF, 8.33% gets diverted to the EPS funds.
The EPS amount can be checked within the EPF passbook.Government has now integrated the EPF portal within the UMANG app.
To check the EPS amount follow the steps as mentioned below:
● Download the UMANG app.
● Click on the EPFO icon.
● Choose ‘Employee Centric Services’ from the menu drop-down.
● Select the ‘View Passbook’ option and enter the UAN number when prompted.
● Enter the OTP that would be received on the registered mobile number.
● The view passbook option is now enabled and the EPS amount can be checked.
● Keep in mind the fact that the ‘view passbook’ option would be locked again if it remains inactive for sometime.
To check EPS balance, follow the above mentioned steps using the UMANG app. The EPS amount can also be alternately checked by:
● Search the phone text messages for the keyword UAN. The EPFO portal sends regular messages whenever any activity happens on the EPF account of which EPS is a part.
● Send the SMS ‘EPFOHO UAN’ to 7738299899 where UAN is the respective number provided by the EPFO office. The resultant message will display the balance.
● Give a missed call to 011-22901406 and you would receive a message with the balance details.
The most preferred and recommended way to check EPS balance is through the UMANG app due to its sheer ease of use. The app is available for download for both Android and iPhone.
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd