Despite the digital revolution in the job market, the year 2018 was known as ‘disruptive’ by HR experts and expected the great transition will continue in the year 2019. Wisdom jobs career edge survey believe that the ongoing digitization will help generate more jobs in 2019 especially in IT/Telecom, E-commerce, Manufacturing, Fintech and Retail sectors.
The survey results include:
● 75% of the survey results explore that hiring will be positive in 2019
● IT/Telecom, Sales/Business Development, Engineering, Accounting & Financial Services and Banking/Insurance/Financial Services will be the top five functional areas that expect increase in hiring during 2019
● 42% of the respondents saw that hiring will be more at middle level of management
● The survey also find that more than 75% of HR leaders, companies will prefer to hire permanent staff vis-a-vis contractual staff and freelancers
● Most sought after skill in demand will be People Management in 2019
Here are some ongoing hiring trends across industries for 2019.
The survey find that IT sector will hire most number of professionals, followed by E-commerce, Manufacturing, Fintech and Retail. The survey also finds that startups will witness aggressive hiring this year.
as per the survey;companies are recruiting permanent staff in 2019. While, candidates with an experience of 2-5 years will be hired more in 2019followed by increased hiring activity for freshers.&
most hiring locations includes Tier II, Tier III cities and suburbs across the country in job creation in these locations. However the respondents voted for Tier I and II cities as probable job churners.
in this digitization period, upskilling or re-skilling is the primary act to stay relevant today’s age of automation. The survey finds that people management (29%) will be the most in-demand skill set in 2019, followed by creativity (15%) with critical thinking and decision-making (14% each).
All rights reserved © 2020 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd