Hiring activities in October 2015: Report

Posted on 13th Nov 2015 | 1025 views

5 avg. rating (100% score) - 1 votes

A recent study mentioned that, hiring up by 2% in October 2015 across sectors of India Inc. Overall hiring activity seen 2% growth since August 2015. Sectors such as IT, BPO/ITeS and consulting services saw consecutive growth and engineers were in demand followed by entertainment/media/journalism professionals. Chennai witnessed highest demand followed by Bengaluru. Candidates with less than 2 years experience saw maximum rise in demand and professionals with more than 20 years experience saw 1 percent drop in demand during the month. IT/telecom and retail industries reported the maximum drop in supply of talent during the month. Overall hiring activities rose by 2% during October and IT/telecom and consulting sectors, core and support functions and metros contributed to the rise in hiring activity.

Hiring activities in October 2015

Consulting services sector saw 9% rise in demand and IT/telecom saw 4 per cent rise in overall hiring activities. Engineers saw 9 percent rise in demand and entertainment/media/journalism professionals experienced 13 percent rise in demand. Chennai saw 16 per cent rise in demand and Andhra Pradesh (except Hyderabad) reported 21 per cent rise in demand. Candidates with less than 2 years experience saw more demand and candidates with less than 20 years experience saw drop in demand. Sectors such as IT/telecom and retail industries saw 25 percent drop in hiring activities during October 2015. Business management/consultants/freelancers witnessed more than 30 percent drop in job-seeking activity during October 2015. IT/telecom professionals also witnessed 27 per cent drop in supply. Bangalore saw 18 percent drop in hiring activities followed by Delhi NCR. Supply of talent was low across most experience categories barring experienced candidates with 10-20 years and over 20 years of experience. There is a boom in hiring activities of e-commerce companies during October to meet the hiring needs of festival season.

0 Comments on Hiring activities in October 2015: Report

Comment as a guest:


What is Appointment letter Format?

26th Jun 2018

Top 10 facts why you need a cover letter?

08th Jun 2018

Are you looking for a job in Event Management?

28th May 2018

Pharmaceutical job opportunities on rise in Gulf

23rd May 2018

MNC Vs Startup: Are you Confused to Choose between?

09th Aug 2017

Perspectives of Unemployment in India

01st Jul 2013

Have your Say!

View All

How consistently does your organization reward you for good work?

Very difficult

Reasonably consistently

Not at all consistently


Press Corner

View All

All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd DMCA.com Protection Status