Online job search involves searching long hours on the internet, searching job portals,following various job descriptions etc.
Here are some tips to optimize your time in online job search with effective search mechanism for better results:
- Choose the best sites: Chose the best site with genuine database, jobs and market reputation.Upload your profilewith relevant keywords and targeted functional areas with the best leader in the market. If it is not up to the market then update it with relevant details matching with the applied job.
- Refine your search: Refine your search by region, industry and duration, and even more by keywords, company names, experience, and salary. Do not add everything in your resume instead use filters to refine your job search.
- Identify the right source to optimize online job search : Experts advice that instead of applying for the posted job opening, just go in detail about the details of a company, hiring managers and product and services of the company offered. You can also find latest jobs on employers career pages for other jobs as well which might not have been posted on other job portals.
- Do search for suitable job openings: Search job portals to do organic search to find the job openings with your desired preference of industry, salary, location and so on. It is a time consuming process but delivers exact search results with the entered keywords volume.
- Job alerts: Job alerts let you receive suitable job notifications to your inbox directly rather than searching in job portal. Set up job alerts to get fresh job notifications to your mobile or mail inbox directly to be an early applicant.
- Get connected via social media profile: Get connected to the recruiters and other industry professionals through various job portals and social media channels to stay update with latest industry-related trends, news as well as new job openings.
- Keep up with technology: Make sure that you are keeping abreast of latest technologies like video resume and others. Get in touch with recruiters, friends and industry leaders with latest technology tools.