Recent hiring trends for January 2019 saw 16% growth in hiring activities as compared to January 2018. Here are the key highlights of hiring trends report.
● There is a considerable growth in hiring activity during January 2019 saw across industries such as Auto/Auto Ancillary (18%), BPO/ITES (14%), Banking / Financial Services (2.5%), FMCG (9.5%), Education (11%) and IT-Hardware (47%).
● Construction/Engineering and Pharma industry saw decline in hiring of 8% and 5% respectively.
● January 2019 saw considerable demand for various functional areas.
● Functional areas that saw considerable growth in various areas such as - IT-Software (36%), HR (31%), IT - Hardware (29.5%), BPO (13.5%), Sales/BD (11%) and Marketing (2.5%)
● Banking/Insurance and Production/Maintenance areas saw decline of 17% and 7%
City wise demand analysis observed following things in derailed way
● Delhi/NCR: There’s 9% growth in hiring activity in Delhi during January 2019. The most dominated industries in the hiring activities are - Banking/Financial Services (34%), IT-Hardware (39.5%) and BPO (22%).
● Chennai: The city saw consistent rise in recruitment activity of 25%. The rise in hiring across areas was observed in industries such as BFSI (38%), Auto (37%), IT- Software (46%) and BPO (18%).
● Mumbai: Mumbai saw 11% growth in the hiring activities during the month. The main industries which saw hiring activities include IT-Software (31%) and FMCG (31%).
● Hyderabad:Hyderabad saw 19% growth in hiring activities during January 2019 vs January 2018. Industries which recorded an increase in job creation were FMCG (11%), and BPO (15%) sectors.
● Experience range of 4-7 years of experience saw 19% growth and entry-level jobs saw decline in jobs and the experience band of 0-3 years saw a rise of 17% in January 2019
● Mid-management roles consists of 8-12 years of experience saw 14% growth, while senior management roles of 13-16 years of experience saw 3% rise in hiring
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd