What BITSAT 2020 is about?
Birla Institute of Technology andScience Admission Test 2020 popularly known as BITSAT 2020 is an online-based entrance exam for admission to undergraduate engineering programs along with BPharm and MSc programs offered by its three campuses. BITSAT is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani.
What are the latest news/update about BITSAT 2020?
The online application form for BITSAT 2020 is expected to be released by the first week of January 2020 by the conducting authority BITS.
BITSAT 2020 Highlights
Exam name BITSAT 2020
Full form Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
Conducting authority BITS, Pilani
Exam frequency Once a year
Mode of exam Online
For admission to Three campuses of BITS
For courses UG engineering courses along with BPharm and MSc
Duration of exam 3 hours
Accepting colleges 7
Official website http://bitsadmission.com/bitsatmain.aspx
How many colleges accepting BITSAT Score?
All the colleges within three campuses of BITS named BITS Pilani, BITS Hyderabad and BITS Goa accepts BITSAT scores for admission to its UG engineering programs.
Availability of BITSAT 2020 Application Form First week of January 2020
Last date to fill the application form online Last week of March 2020
Test Centre allotment First week of April 2020
BITSAT slot booking 2020 First week of April
BITSAT admit card 2020 Second week of April 2020
BITSAT 2020 exam Third week of May 2020
Admit list and Wait list announcement after Iteration I Third week of June 2020
BITSAT counselling process Third week of May 2020
*Please note that the dates are tentative and subject to change.
BITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Below is the criteria to be eligible to appear for BITSAT 2020.
● Age Limit
Those candidates who have passed their 12th class examination in 2020 or 2019 are eligible to write BITSAT 2020.
● Qualifying Examination
Candidates applying for BITSAT 2020 must have successfully passed their class 12th examination/equivalent exam from a recognized state/central board with 75% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. Apart from that, aspirants must also score 60% individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with proficiency in English.
Eligibility for admission to BPharm at BITS
To be eligible for admission to BPharm course at BITS campuses, candidates should fit the criteria mentioned below:
● Must have passed the class 12th examination or equivalent from a recognized State/Central Board with the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with a good proficiency in English.
● Must have secured minimum 75% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Mathematics, in case of PCMB students). Apart from that, candidates must have secured minimum 60% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (or Mathematics, in case of PCMB students).
Those who have passed their 12th class examination in the year 2018 or earlier are NOT eligible to write BITSAT 2020 exam.
BITSAT 2020 Direct Admission
Who are eligible for Direct Admission to BITS?
Those students who have secured first position/rank (Board Toppers) in any of the State or Central Board in India don’t need to appear for BITSAT 2020 as they will be given direct admission to the program of their choice irrespective of their BITSAT 2020 score.
BITSAT 2020 Application Form
How to access and fill BITSAT 2020 form?
● To appear for the exam, candidates are required to fill the Online BITSAT 2020 Application Form visiting the exam website.
• Online BITSAT 2020 Application Form will be released in the first week of January 2020 by BITS Pilani.
● Once after successfully submitting the form, candidates are required to pay the application fee which is Rs 3150 (Rs 2650 for girl candidates) set by BITS.
● You are required to give three preferences of Test Cities/Centers of your choice.
Modes of Payment
Candidates are required to submit their payment for BITSAT application fee through:
● Credit Cards and Debit Cards (All credit & Debit cards issued by Master and Visa) using Online Payment Gateway.
● Net Banking enabled accounts of Indian banks using Online Payment Gateway.
●Cash payment at all ICICI Bank branches in India along with a specially generated Pay-in Slip.
BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
How to download BITSAT 2020 Admit Card (Hall Ticket)?
After booking your slot, you are required to download your BITSAT Admit Card visiting the official website when admit cards are available.
Steps to download BITSAT 2020 Admit Card
●Visit the official BITSAT 2020 website.
● Click the ‘Admit Card’ link.
● Enter application no and password.
●Click on ‘Proceed’.
● View ‘BITSAT 2020 Admit Card.
●Download and take the print out of ‘BITSAT 2020 Hall Ticket.
BITSAT 2020 Result
BITSAT 2020 result will be declared on the official website of the exam by the conducting authority BITS Pilani comprising the Admit List as well as Wait List. Candidates will be required to check their results on the official website when it available entering their exam details.
Steps to check BITSAT 2020 Result
● Visit BITSAT 2020 official website.
● Click on ‘BITSAT Result’ link:
a) PCM candidates b) BPharma candidates.
● Login entering your application no, password and security pin.
● Click on ‘Submit Button’ to view the BITSAT result.
● Download and take print out of BITSAT 2020 Result.
BITSAT 2020 Test Centers
BITSAT 2020 will be conducted across 50 cities in India and 1 at abroad that is Dubai.
Those who opt for any BITSAT exam center within India are required to give three city preferences.
BITSAT 2020 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Below is the pattern for BITSAT 2020 set by conducting authority BITS Pilani. Let’s have a look.
BITSAT 2020 question paper is divided into four sections of duration of three hours.
Highlights of BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
BITSAT Pattern 2020
Subjects Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics/ Biology
Mode of Examination Online
Type of Questions MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)
Medium of Exam English
Duration of Exam 3 Hours
Total Marks 450 Marks
Marking Scheme For every correct answer: +3 marks
For every incorrect answer: -1 mark
BITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
The section-wise pattern for BITSAT 2020 is as follows:
Exam Sections Subjects No. of Questions
Part I Physics 40
Part II Chemistry 40
PartIII English Proficiency 15
Logical Reasoning 10
Part IV Mathematics/Biology (BPharma) 45
Total Number of Questions 150
Counselling Process for BITSAT 2020
The counselling and allotment process for BITSAT 2020 will be held by BITS Pilani in 3rd week of June, 2020 for those who will successfully qualify the BITSAT 2020 for admission to BTech at one of the BITS campuses. Qualified candidates are required to register for the BITSAT 2020 counselling paying the registration fee which is Rs 1,000and need to choose their preferences of branches and institutes. Counselling will be held through several rounds of iteration results.
BITSAT counselling process comprises two steps:
● Document verification and
● BITSAT seat allotment at respective BITS campuses.
What are the documents to be submitted for BITSAT 2020 counselling?
Below is the list of the documents required to be submitted for BITSAT 2020 counselling:
●Class 10th and 12th School Certificate & Marksheet
●BITSAT Score Card 2020
●Photo ID Proof
● BITSAT Counselling Letter 2020
●Passport Size Colored Photograph
No. of seats at different BITS campuses
BITS Pilani 1040
BITS Goa 850
BITS Hyderabad 1080
BITSAT 2020 Contact Information
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone No.: +91- 9148237202 (Monday to Friday from 9 am till 6 pm)
Official Website: http://bitsadmission.com/bitsatmain.aspx
Phone Number: +91-7349470595.
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd