Facebook purchased whatsApp for nearly $19 billion and this is considered as the biggest acquisition ever in technology.
In this backdrop we've collected some notable deals happened in IT field:
- Hewlett-Packard buys Compaq for $25 billion in September 2001.
- Google buys Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion in August 2011.
- Hewlett-Packard buys Autonomy for for $10.24 billion in August 2011.
- Microsoft buys Skype for $8.5 billion in May 2011.
- Oracle buys Sun for $7.4 billion in April 2009.
- Microsoft buys Nokia for $7.2 billion in September 2013.
- Google buys YouTube for $7.2 billion in October 2006.
- eBay buys PayPal for$1.5 billion in June 2002.
- Yahoo buys Tumblr for $1.1 billion In May 2013.
- Facebook buys Instagram for $1 billion in April 2012.