30 Value-based interview questions to ask candidates
Value based interview questions are asked to know if a candidate’s values conflict with client’s company values. These questions are asked during the interview or use them to come up with your own. Here are some common value-based interview questions.
1. What is most important to you in the workplace? Why?
2. Are you flexible when it comes to workplace changes? Describe a time when you adapted to change.
3.Tell me about a time whenyou were unable to adapt in the workplace. Why?
4. What are some negatives to change that you’ve encountered in your job? Tell me about them.
5. Have you ever had to change a project around at the last minute? What did you do? How did it work out?
Collaboration values interview questions
6. Do you prefer to work alone or with a team? Why?
7. Tell me about a time you disagreed with your teammates. What happened?
8. Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn’t get along with. What did you do? Did things go smoothly?
9. Describe your ideal teammate. Have you ever worked with someone who embodied these characteristics? Tell me about your experience.
10. What role do you typically take on while working with a team? Give me an example.
Communication values-based recruitment questions
11. How would you describe your communication skills?
12. How important are communication skills to you in the workplace?
13. Tell me about a time when a miscommunication resulted in a setback. What did you do? What did you learn from the situation?
14. Describe a situation where you needed to convey an idea to a coworker. What did you do to get your point across? Were there any setbacks along the way?
15. Tell me about a time when you had to sell an idea or opinion to someone in the workplace (e.g., boss, coworkers, or customers). What was the result?
Dedication value-based questions
16. Tell me about a time you became disengaged at work. What happened?
17. Describe a time you were happiest and most productive at work. What responsibilities were you doing?
18. Where do you see yourself in five years?
19. Tell me about an achievement that was difficult to reach. How did you accomplish it?
20. Have you ever taken the initiative to learn something new for a job? Tell me about it.
Integrity value-based questions
21. Please define “integrity.” What does it mean to you in the workplace?
22. Have you ever been put in a situation where doing the right thing would make you look bad? Tell me about how you handled it.
23. If you saw a coworker doing something that would hurt the company, what would you do? Has this ever happened to you? Please explain.
24. If you knew your manager was doing something unethical, how would you handle it?
25. What would you do if you were asked to do something that went against your values?
26. Have you ever had to juggle more projects than you had time for? How did you prioritize?
27. Tell me about a time when you had to pass your work onto a coworker because you couldn’t meet deadlines. What did you learn from the experience?
28. Describe a time when you were late for an important meeting. What happened?
29. Tell me about a time when a coworker’s work was passed onto you. Were you able to get the work done? What was your reaction to the situation?
30. If you made a mistake that could cost you your job and nobody knew it was you, what would you do?
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd