Recent survey byWisdom Jobsmentioned that job market will see 10-15 percent rise in hiring activities in 2017. Nearly 70 percent of the surveyed organizations are having hiring plans for 2017. The survey was conducted among 3000 employers across the sectors of India. Overall hiring outlookwill be optimistic in 2017, survey reveals. Over 65% surveyed employers say hiring will increase in 2017, 40% employers say that hiring activities will increase by 10-15%,30% organizations expected 5% rise in hiring activities and 55 organizations expected that hiring will increase by 15%. On the flipside more than 70% employers say that hiring activities will decrease by 5-10%, more than two third of organizations believe that hiring will see decrease by 10-15% and only 5% employers say it will decrease between 0-5%.
- Top industries that will create more jobs in 2017- As per the survey IT, telecom, healthcare and manufacturing sectors will create more jobs in 2017. Industries that rule in maximum jobs creation in 2017 will be IT and telecom(30%), health care(20%), manufacturing (15%), automobile (15%) and infrastructure and retail sector (10%) respectively.
- Top functional area that will be in demand in 2017- According to the study IT (25%) will be the most demanding profile in 2017 followed by research and development (20%), marketing &advertising (15%), sales (20%), administration (10%), human resource (5%) and finance (5%).
- Top experience level that will be in demand in 2017- Most sought after experience level in 2017 will be for mid level professionals with 5-10 years experience (30%), less than two years experience profiles (20%) and 10-20 years experiences profiles (15%). These profiles will have huge demand in 2017.
- Top cities that will see maximum hiring in 2017- Metros will create more jobs in 2017 as hiring activity will be more in Tier I locations and state capitals. Top cities that would expect maximum hiring activities including Delhi-NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore to see 45% hiring and Chennai will see 40% rise in jobs creation.
- Top levels that can expect salary hike in 2017- More than 50% surveyed organizations believe that compensation will increase and other 40% believe there will be no major changes in compensation. Highest salary rise will be for middle level staff followed by junior/entry level professionals.
- Hiring more female employees in 2017- Over 60% organist ions are interested to hire women employees at the middle level positions, 20 % at entry level while another 20% will hire for CXO roles in 2017.