Many job seekers want to know how to write a resume before applying jobs.
Here are some resume writing tips to grab the attention of recruiters in first 6 seconds of screening:
1. Know the objective of your resume to land a job interview
2. Mention your professional goals and objectives to reach recruiters easily. A resume without goals and objectives is like a ship without destination.
3. Write your career objective to achieve and avoid writing general objective.
4. Make ensure that you have added work experiences in reverse chronological order i.e, starting from first job experience.
5. Include right keywords in your resume matching your profile. Keywords will help you to get shortlisted in screening process. Generally companies use digital database to search candidates based upon the added keywords.
6. Don't forget to give effective titles to resume sections. Recruiters spend only 6 seconds on each resume, so give descriptive titles to grab the attention of recruiters.
7. Highlight your skills and strengths in your resume. You can connect your skills and strengths with work experiences and real life situations.
8. Clearly explain about the benefits of your skills to the applied job in your resume.
9. List out the achievements in your resume, adding Job responsibilities may not help.
10. Use bullet points.
11. Keep professional fonts, fonts should be 11 and 12 sizes for easy readability. Avoid too much bold and capital usage.
12. No need of adding unnessacary statements like References available upon request.
13. Add a smiling headshot in the left corner, near contact information.
14. Tweak your resume for each job application by sending same resume for all jobs may reduce your chances of job winning.
15. Search about market position of the company and add related skills to solve those problems.
16. Career experts say that do not include your age unless specifically mentioned.
17. List out the relevant job experiences you have not all. If you don't have any work experiences add your summer internship or volunteer work.
18. Don't include the irrelevant details like political affiliation, religion and sex etc.
19. Add action verbs in achievement section.
20. Give relevant information in one or two pages and keep your resume short and crisp.
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd