Job interviews play key role in the selection of a job candidate. Interviews are conducted to test a job candidates communication, social, and technical skills. As a job seeker you need to follow below things which should be avoided in any interview to get selected for any job interview.
1. Careless With Hands: Do not flay your hands, cross your arms, or rest your hands on the desk.
2. Do Not Convey Anxiety: Chewing gum, eating a toffee, checking the watch, etc., show that you are anxious.
3. Bad Body Language: Do not show your disinterest by looking bored, averting your eyes, or by dropping your shoulders.
4. Negativity: When you answer incorrectly does not make a sad face or bite your tongue to show disappointment.
5. Unpunctual: Do not arrive late or make amends by barging into the interview room.
6. Bad Preparation: Do not attend the job interview without preparation. Revise your notes, study new concepts and update your knowledge regularly.
7. Bad Presentation: Do not present yourself at the interview in a bad manner. Dress properly, show respect and be professional.
8. Lack Of Research: Employers tend to ask about their own company at the interview. Always go prepared with the latest facts and figures after doing basic research.
9. Being Someone Else: Do not pretend to be what you are not. You cannot suddenly transform from having a sullen personality into a cheerful person.
10. Poor Communication: If your grammar and sentence construction are extremely poor, you can say goodbye to your chances of securing a job after the interview.
11. Fidgeting with unnecessary props: You should avoid mobile phones, nail files and chewing gum at the interview table.
12. Speaking negatively about your current employer: Never complain or comment about your previous employer no matter how ineffective they are.
13. Lying on your CV: Anything included on your CV could be discussed at an interview and a fabrication about your work or education record could damage your reputation in the long run.
All rights reserved © 2018 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd