1. Tell me about yourself.
This is an open-ended question which is the perfect way to start your interview. It is an opportunity to present your communication skills, language fluency, and confidence.
2. Tell me about the greatest accomplishment in your career so far.
Everyone has the different meanings of success and their definition keeps changing along with their career growth. Include the different positions you held in your career to know more about your professional achievements.
3. Where do you see yourself in the next five years?
This question is useful to know more about candidate’s motivations. It is important to ask this question to know whether the candidate engaged and interested at least for the next five years or will they move out or outgrow your company quickly?
4. What is it that prompted you to apply for this job? What’s so interesting about this position for you?
This question is to know more about if it is the kind of work, position or just money that the candidate is interested in.
5. Tell me about a situation where you did something professionally and succeeded at, but as an experience wouldn’t want to go through ever again?
This question is more relevant to hire somebody for a managerial or higher position. Their answers will help you to know more the details of what it is that gets on their nerves or makes them unhappy in their professional life. Your answers can be into three categories – menial jobs, difficult tasks or team related.
6. What are the 3 most important attributes/skills that you believe you would add to our team?
This question will help you get clarity about the candidate’s character/skill set and their definition of the same.
7. Tell me about a time in your career when you failed to deliver what was expected out of you.
This question will help you to know whether they are capable of taking ownership of their mess, share the ownership of other’s mess or hold others accountable completely for something that didn’t go right.
8. If a poll was to be conducted amongst everyone you’ve worked with, what percent you think would not be a fan of yours? What would be their reasons for not liking you?
The question is asked to know whether your candidate believes in doing the right thing or alters his/her decision to please everyone simply to avoid unpleasantness.
9. Why do you think that you would be a perfect fit for this position?
This question will help you understand how well your candidate can handle objections.
10. What is it that scares you the most in life?
This question is to know how they perceive their fears and whether they succumb to their fears or not.
11. Do you have any questions for us?
This question is to know whether the candidate is actually interested in the job or not.
All rights reserved © 2020 Wisdom IT Services India Pvt. Ltd